Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Congratulations on completing another semester and perhaps starting a new one this summer!



Those of you who are in Nursing are probably very busy, but I can recommend some medical thrillers to you. Robin Cook has written several complete with very detailed descriptions of medical procedures gone awry. You will find several of her titles in our catalog. We also have Michael Critchton and Daniel Kalla.



There's a wonderful reading guide in Books in Print for those of you who wish to play with a new device. It's called the Fiction Connection and it advises according to your favorite books. It's quite graphic and a lot of fun. Put in your favorite title. Select and see similar suggestions.

In the meantime, I have enjoyed some classics. There are many sources online, but I found David Copperfield in Netlibrary. The advantage of reading within Netlibrary is that you can always make a note on the page where you left off and resume reading later. Cooincidentally PBS was also showing a production at the same time.

Be sure to sign up for Netlibrary, if you haven't done so. You need to create an account while on campus. Just ask at the Circulation Desk and we will get you started. Happy Reading. I have several books in mind right now. Books that go with the current movies, such as Angels and Demons. I found this book much quicker reading than the first book, the Da Vinci Code. I'm hopeful that we can use this summer to promote good reading habits. Enjoy!

No comments: