Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm having fun with Google Reader today and in exploring, I found a patriotic and poetic blog to share. Indeed, poetry is a fine way to communicate emotions in a romantic, passionate or funny bone way. What man or woman wouldn't want someone to write this of them:



Thou wast all that to me, love,
For which my soul did pine —
A green isle in the sea, love,
A fountain and a shrine,
All wreathed with fairy fruits and flowers,
And all the flowers were mine.



Alas, written by Edgar Allen Poe, the object of this verse had passed away. Better expressed when one is still with you.



Whitter stoked the fires of patriotic passion in his Barbara Fritchie.



Shoot if you must this old gray head,

But spare my country's flag she said.



OK, I admit it. I learned that in Virginia public schools. But the point is that Poetry can spur passions, whether it is melancholy, romantic or humorist. Try it yourself and feel the release.

No comments: