Well, I'm a bit behind with my "23 things" program, but I have discovered that I can invite others to post to my blog. We'll see how that goes. I invited two generic addresses, so posters will be official, but anonymous. This means my blog may change dramatically. We'll see. I'll let you know.
This summer I have been distracted by weeding and multiple projects. Weeding is a little painful, but it refreshes the library collection and creates space for new books. We've done a pretty good job with that already, but there's a whole library collection to review. For a one thing at a time kind of person, I have found myself in an octopus world. My arms are flailing and it's really pretty scary.
With this situation as my inspiration, I reached for some solace in books. Randy Pausch's book titled "The Last Lecture" was helpful. I have achieved many of my dreams and I am lucky enough to expect a little time left to achieve more. Even though I may feel like it, I'm not really dying. "The Help" makes me realize that the ones who are truly disadvantaged are the ones who don't know how to work or expect everything to come to them on a silver platter. I also found solace in "The Purpose Driven Life." Who doesn't?
Reading is very healing and for some of us, so is coffee. So put on the kettle or coffee pot. Curl up with a good book and be assured that everything is going to be all right. Especially, while you are reading. :)
Monday, July 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment